Monday, November 30, 2009

Was That You Or Me?

I am sitting across the external for my PSM viva, answering his all-important questions about life and its prevention, and all my mind registers of the situation is: Hey! Doesn’t he look like Payal’s husband from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi?


2 years I’ve spent trying to keep Park at bay. Every time I read the lame opening lines to each topic, I controlled the urge to bang my head against the wall or mutilate the book (hard-bound nonetheless). Yet I noticed it as it changed colours and told me surreptitiously about all the greed, incompetence and cultivated stupidity that went into the failure of social programmes in the past 60-odd years.

All that ends well may be well. But my normal curve finds PSM outside the ‘confidence limits’.

The only end to it is its prevention.

1 comment:

Ketan said...

While I couldn't understand the title of this post, I'm thoroughly impressed by how cool could you be about your viva!

Park is one of the better written Indian books - especially, the initial chapters on epidemiology, etc.

Of course, I'm not touching upon the failure of health programs, 'cuz all that you're just supposed to memorize, and not really try to make sense of. ;)

TC.